Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Blogging Challenge #4

Student Blogging Challenge 

Art to me isn't just drawing or painting, it's more like an entirely different way of thinking to me.  Art is like a part of me, if you take art away then I don't think I would be able to function.  Art is everywhere I look, it is everywhere that anybody looks, you just have to be able to see it.  I enjoy painting and drawing, and simply creating new things.  I find inspiration in everything I see.  For example, when I look at a plant, I can be utterly inspired by the shape of the leaves or the color or the container it is in.  I can draw a flower, the same flower, for days on end to try to get that 'perfect' drawing.  When I look at my dog's beautiful coat, I see so many different color variations and shadings, and I just want to try to capture that beauty in a drawing or painting, or even a photograph.

Art is expressed in many forms, and I enjoy exploring all of them.  Music, dance, martial arts, painting, clay sculpting, fashion designing, drawing, making jewelry, taking pictures....just to name a few!  I feel that art is my calling, like some people feel drawn to a profession - like a lawyer or a teacher - for me, it is art.  I love art because I can come up with my own ideas and I don't have to rely on other people for ideas or anything.  I can express what is on my mind or heart in however I feel at the moment.  Expressing myself can be done in a drawing or even in my choice of clothing.  I don't have to become what other people are telling me to, I can become my own person and create my own ideas and not worry about what others say about them.

I am looking forward to taking more art classes to be able to learn different techniques and to get a different perspective on how to do things.  Being able to learn more will open more opportunities and help my potential as an artist.  Art makes me feel like I am in my own world, where everything is just fine and good.  I think art is a great way for me to express my feelings because I can just let it all out.  Expressing good feelings and bad feelings, keeping the results on paper or throwing them away, either way it helps me keep my feelings under control.  Art truly is a part of me.

Here is my ThingLink

5 comments:

  1. Hi there Hope

    I'm Miss H, one of the teacher mentors in the blogging challenge.

    I was incredibly impressed with your blog, particularly this post about art. I agree with all the points you make and you are so clear in your explanations - your writing is so convincing that even someone not interested in art, would be convinced about its importance after reading this.

    I also loved the Thinglink - I've just started to explore this. Why would you recommend this as a tool in the classroom? What could my students and I use it for?

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts and my students will also read and comment so keep up the fantastic blogging!

    Miss H :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my name is chloe i am in Mr .millers class . i found your post on the Edublog challenge page . i love art to i think that art is not just a thing you can do it is a part of me and my life . what kind of art do you like ? http://mrmillersstudent12.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like whatever art.. it all depends on what mood I am in, like one day I will have clay, the next I am messing with watercolors.
      Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to fill out my guestbook under the tab called "Tell Me About You"

      Delete